PHOTOVOLTAIC SKYLIGHT LUMEN SHOPPING CENTER
Onyx Solar® has executed the installation of the largest photovoltaic skylight in Mexico City and one of the largest in the Americas, with a surface area of 2,300 m² (24,757 sqFt).
- Total Area - 2,300 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 10,080,350 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 19,781 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 6.754 CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 5,932 barrels
Example of a feasibility study of crystalline silicon photovoltaic skylight in Mexico Dc:
- Payback time < 4.4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 23.2 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete, or up to date.
The installation of this skylight, under the auspices of and according to a project by the visionary architect Enrique Ruíz Gutiérrez, is located in the shopping center belonging to the paper manufacturing company LUMEN.
This solution developed by Onyx Solar® is comprised of 800 polycrystalline photovoltaic glass measuring 1,510 x 1,900 mm (4,95 x 6,23 Ft). The peak installed power output is 258 kWp, and it is capable of generating over 347,000 kWh of energy per year, powering 19,800 lighting points and preventing the release of 233 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.
"It is no secret that many American cities have grown at the cost of the environment; therefore the only way to alleviate the damage caused is by using Onyx Solar’s® photovoltaic materials in construction."
Mauricio Vázquez Vela, CEO de BIPV MÉXICO, Distribuidor Oficial de Onyx Solar®
Architect: Enrique Ruíz Gutiérrez